Thursday, September 1, 2011

Where Does the Tooth Fairy Live?



As you can see Hailey Bug lost her front tooth this past weekend!!! She was so excited because the Tooth Fairy got to come see her!!! She didn't care that she had a huge hillbilly looking gap in the front of her mouth, she just wanted to go to sleep almost immediately so she could see what the Tooth Fairy was going to leave her.  Did I mention it was 3 o'clock in the afternoon??? 




It was SOOOOOO super cute, and so super innocent.  It reminded me of that excitement and anticipation I experienced as a child waiting on the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus.  I loved the sleepless nights wondering what was going to be waiting on me the next morning!!! 

Other than the fact that the sweetness, and innocence in it all took me back to my childhood days waiting on childhood hero's; the best part of the whole incident was the conversation it brought about.

"I can't wait to see what the Tooth Fairy is gonna leave me....It's my front tooth so it's worth more....What do you think she is going to leave me Mrs. Heather?"

"Well, my first question is how do we know the Tooth Fairy is a she??? Can't it be a he?"

"I guess it could be...there is probably more than one Tooth Fairy anyway, there are just too many little kids losing teeth every day for one Tooth Fairy to handle it."

(Insert a look of amazement from me here)

"You are probably right Hailey, a whole little group of fairies flying around giving money to all the little kiddies that lose their teeth!"

"Mrs. Heather where do you think they live?"

"I don't know, they can't live with Santa their wings will get too cold...so I have no idea, what do you think?" 

"I think they live in the H of the Hollywood sign." 

(Insert another look of amazement, and entertainment from me here) 

"Really?  The Hollywood Sign?" 

"Yep....that way nobody can get to the teeth or the money." 

I hate to say it, but this is one of the most engaged, entertaining, best conversations I have had in a long time. It was so wonderful to see her imagination rolling over and over in her head, right before my very eyes.  It was one of those moments I never want to forget, because the innocence and happiness of my precious step-baby absolutely made it all worth it!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment