Monday, October 10, 2011

Turn Back Time....


I know I haven't been in my step-babies lives forever, nor do I know every nook and cranny of their being, but there is one thing that doesn't change whether you are a Step-mama, a God-mama, a Grand-mama or just their Real Mama....they grow up in front of your very eyes, and sometimes it seems to be in fast forward....

Saturday I let Coleman drive me to the store.  He was so excited....he looked at me and said I am a much better driver now than the last time I drove...(*his parking still needs a little work :) ) We drove to the store, and a had little chitter chatter on the way to and from, and I couldn't help but notice how grown he had become in a matter of what seemed like minutes...



There have been several times when all of the kiddos have fallen short of the appropriate actions for their age group, but there are also times when it never ceases to amaze me at how grown they have become.

Tyler celebrates his 15th birthday tomorrow, and Coleman turns 16 (God help us) next month....this is amazing and scary all at once....I love to think of the kiddos as my precious little step-babies.....needing my help and support and shoulder to cry on when they have a bad day....the thing is, it's hard to consider someone a baby when they are driving around in your car talking about their 16th birthday and what kind of car they want....


I don't want them to stop growing up.....I just want it to slow down....I have just gotten the knack of being a step-mama and I have tons of learning left to do...how am I going  to be a step-mama when my precious step-boys will be grown and out of the house before I can say how old are you again????


I am going to miss those nights when we are all piled up on the couches watching movies and joking about our days....

Lord please slow time down....I'm not ready for grown kids yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment