Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Eve To Me!!!

So another year has come and gone....and I have to say WOW!!! My life is on a totally different track than I had originally planned....hello??? Hence the title of my blog...I'm a SMIT!!!!





Now let's rewind a little bit....





When I was about 12 years old....maybe 14...I had a plan for my adult life.....I was the planningest little kid wasn't I?  Remember the baby plan????


I had it mapped out that when I was a senior in high school I was going to meet my husband...yep that's right!!! Meet my husband!!!! For those of you that live in Prattville, you know how well that can or cannot work out!!! I mean really...in this day and age; who meets their husband in high school anymore??? No offense to all of the teenie boppers out there dating the man or woman of "their dreams"  I am just saying it hardly ever works out, because we as humans grow at different rates, and once you get to college you are like Dream Boy Who???? 


Ok so back to the plan....


I had "Planned" that I would meet my husband in high school, we would date my Freshman and Sophomore year of college, he would propose my sophomore year of college, and then we would get married our Senior Year of college....




Um.......Yeah Right!!!! 

By the time I was a senior in college I had fallen in and out of love so many times I couldn't even fathom the idea of being married by the time I graduated!!! 




So much for the 5 year plan huh???




Ok so now that we have established that I had a 5 year plan...a somewhat unrealistic, warped, crazy 5 year plan, but I still had a 5 year plan....yeah right....whatever!!!!

Well in the years to follow my graduation; I fell in love several other times...



Got my heart broke...





Broke other people's hearts...



Lost my Mama :( ...



Got lost myself...




Got even more lost....






And ended up being engaged a wopping total of 3 times (Including the time to Phil)...



Before I decided that I had actually found the man of "My Dreams." 

 

Planning doesn't really matter when it comes to your life....you can plan all you want to, but that doesn't mean that.....



or....



or...



Won't get in the way!!!

The point of my post is this....

Remember my opening statement???

My life is on a totally different track than I had originally planned....

Now did I say I wasn't happy or that it was the wrong track??? No!  I just said that it was a totally different track than I had planned...and you can plan and plan and plan....



But, if your plan and HIS PLAN...yeah!!! HIS PLAN....the man upstairs!!!



If your plan and HIS PLAN aren't the same...then your plan....well.....
It's never gonna happen!!!


In my crazy, anxious, weird, silly, hilarious, wonderful, amazing life I have learned that just because I reached speed bumps, stop signs, took wrong turns, found dead ends, and got several flat tires; it didn't matter because that was THE PLAN all along...NO, NOT MY PLAN....but THE PLAN!!! HIS PLAN!!!! And I know that there were times that I ventured off my path and did things HE didn't want me to do, and said things HE didn't want me to say, but through it all I ended up RIGHT where I needed to be!!! God made me a SMIT for a reason, some of the reasons are very clear every day, and some of the reasons are somewhat fuzzy and hard to see, but it doesn't matter because when I curl up on the couch surrounded by all of my step-babies, my fuzzy, furry babies, and I am being loved on by the man that I love the most in this world....my 5 year plan DOES NOT MATTER!!!


I am going to leave you with this....you can plan and plan and plan, and if there are some days where your plans just don't work out right; think about it like this....God wanted you on a different road, headed in a different direction....and in using that thought I am going to run full speed ahead into my 26th year of being on this planet!!!  I will not get upset when a plan does not work out, because I was on the wrong path anyway!!!  Happy Birthday Eve to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment