Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Wondering Tree


Do you ever catch yourself wondering why someone else has something you don't?  Or why they have people that love them and surround them when you can barely stand to look in their direction, much less talk to them???  I know that last comment was a little harsh, but we all know there are some people in this world that just get to us no matter how hard we try not to let them, or how hard we try to ignore them.  Truth of the matter is, where I live, everyone knows everyone by some sort of association or other, so every time I log on to Facebook, or even go to the grocery store I am staring into the face of my past or at least somebody's past that I know.  


Lately, I have been blessed beyond any amount I could ever have imagined, I got to spend the holidays with a family that I couldn't love any more than I already do, I got to spend a romantic getaway with a husband who I love more than anything in this world, I got a new car just yesterday, Philly got a new job and the house building project is beginning to get under way!  All of these wonderful blessings are just so good for me and my family, and they are so amazing, and I am so grateful, but I still find myself wondering??? 

Wondering things like....

Why does she act like that?

Why does he care about something like that?

Why don't I have a job that pays that much?

Why can't I skip school and go straight to teaching?

When will I ever get out of this cubicle?

Why do two faced people still have an abundance of friends?

(This question goes with the above question)

Why are two faced people "best friends" with people they used to talk so negatively about?



The most important one to me....
What makes a person good?


This last question is one that has been weighing heavily on my mind lately.  I view myself as a good person.  I am a law abiding citizen, a functioning member of society, I pay my taxes, I am working my way through graduate school to have a job that I will love, I clean the house, do the laundry, cook when Philly doesn't want to (he loves to cook), I help the kids with their homework, try to stay involved in their lives, try to set good examples, try to be a good friend, lend a shoulder when people need someone to talk to, love my husband, and love the Lord.  

Does all of this make me a good person?   
I think so, but then I look at other people who in my opinion.....


Are not good people....but I am looking at them and they have things that I want but do not have, they have things that I feel like I deserve, they have lives that I envy.....but like I said I do not see them as good people, so why do they have things that I "a good person" want or desire....

Or do they???

Remember that saying "Money doesn't buy happiness" 


Just because these people have physical items doesn't mean they are happy, it does not mean that they aren't constantly searching for something they don't have, and it doesn't mean that they aren't yearning for something that I or someone else might have....

I have a wonderful family, a husband that I adore, and that adores me (most of the time), a life path that seems to be working itself out on its own (Of course with the hand of God), three loving step-babies, and in 18 months I will be a teacher (Hopefully)....Knowing all of these things my mind still wonders though....

Do you ever find yourself on a branch of the wondering tree? 

Here's to the year 2012...in knowing how blessed I am....in not worrying about what others have....and not finding myself sitting on a branch of the wondering tree....

"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone."
Titus 3:3-8



No comments:

Post a Comment