Thursday, July 5, 2012

Really???? You honestly thought that was a good idea???

Soooooo....Philly and I spent our Independence Day on the river "Declaring our Independence" without the kiddos....it wasn't planned that way...it just happened that way....We definitely had a blast...maybe a little too much of a blast....but SHHHHHHH!!!! Don't tell anyone!!! 

See pictures below of ALL THE FUN we had!!!




Now.....After Independence Day on the river is when the real fun began....NOT!!!!!  Please let me shed a little light on the silliness that comes from my boys on a daily basis...Philly and I got home around 8:30 pm last night....we both took our showers and then were asleep by probably 9:30 pm (River Fun wore us out!!!)  We are happily snoozing away and then around 1:15 am Lucy Girl started pawing at our door because she needed to go outside....Phil groggily opens his eyes (I am however still in a coma) and sees flashes of bright light outside.....Lightning you say???? Camera flash maybe???? Not likely at 1:15 am.....flashlight????? OHHHHHHHHHH .....Roman Candles.........Boys will be Boys......Phil goes outside and the flashes and talking immediately come to a halt.....I am assuming that the thought "If we stay really still and quiet he won't see us." went through their heads....TOO BAD FOR THEM IT WAS A FULL MOON!!!  So where does Philly find my wonderful trouble seeking teenagers???? You guessed it.....second story of the unfinished Cape Cosby shooting Roman Candles out into the field......LORDY LORDY!!!! 
I am thinking when I was 15 or 16 I was probably doing something just as bad, but I had no idea how my Gdawg felt about it....Now I know that the first thought is to be ANGRY....I mean how could they???? LOL Then the second thought is to laugh....almost hysterically because it's kind of an awesome idea.....except for the HUGE amounts of danger in crawling up onto a second story in the dark.  without stairs.  without a flashlight.  at 1:15 in the morning.  I hope the shenanigans of our hooligans made you laugh...or chuckle...or shake your finger in disgust....either way....I hope it was as entertaining for you as it was for the hubby at 1:15 in the morning as he was standing on our front porch in his boxers....as they say....the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree :) 


Happy Thursday Y'all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment