Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The excitement and happenings of a typical Monday

Yesterday, Tyler, the middle step baby (age 15), had to be checked out of school because he broke a bracket on his braces eating lunch.  I left work at 12 yesterday because we were going to go pick out the quartz for our counter tops yesterday afternoon.  This is what we decided on!!! Our kitchen counters are going to be amazing!!!

 

Now back to the first mix up.  Philly calls me while I am on my way home to go check Tyler out of school.  The bracket that broke off was consequently swallowed...YUCK....and now the wire was poking Tyler in the mouth and causing him to bleed...I happily agree to go get my child...I pull up in the parking lot....make my way to the Student Center....see a familiar face along the way...chit chat for a little while....and then I attempt to check out Tyler from school.....The conversation goes something like this...

"What's the child's name?" 

"Tyler Cosby"

"I don't have a Tyler Cosby in our system.  I don't have any Cosby in our system for that matter."

For a split second I am confused, and then it hits me like a ton of bricks...remember when I said I pulled up in the parking lot???? Well I pulled up in the parking lot of the Prattville Junior High....Tyler is a Freshman.  At Prattville High School.  I just laughed, and they laughed and said it happens all the time.  I know they were making fun of me when I left, but hey it was an honest mistake...I mean he did go to PJHS last year...and it's not like I went to Autauga Academy to get him or anything...

Now...after I get to the CORRECT school, I make my way inside and proceed to check him out from the second school...Good Lord that sounds ridiculous....ok let me backtrack really quick...Tyler's given name is Phillip Tyler Cosby, so at PHS he is known as Phillip Cosby...ok now back to the story...I walk up to the counter and tell them I need to check out Tyler Cosby...I remember that he is registered under his first name at this point and tell them that he might be under Patrick Cosby....wait Patrick??? Remember where I told you his name is Phillip Cosby???? So who is Patrick???? Well of course they don't have a Tyler Cosby, or a Patrick Cosby....Nobody has my child!!!!

Ok to clear the air for all of you readers...Phil's given name is Phillip Patrick Cosby...and when I was trying to check Tyler out I remembered that his first name was part of Phil's name...I just remembered the wrong name...WHO AM I???? AM I EVEN QUALIFIED TO CHECK MY CHILD OUT???? So at this point the girls at the front desk are like...

"We have a Phillip Cosby."

My response...

"Yeah, that's him, I have a ton of kids and I never keep them straight."

Awkward stares, and then laughter from everyone....

According to Phil, PJHS and PHS are going to think I am a stalker looking for any kid with the name Cosby....According to me it probably seemed if I was drunk....according to my step babies....I was very embarrassing....NO KIDDING!!! 

Now...I have finally picked up my child.....GOODNESS GRACIOUS THAT WAS DIFFICULT...we get home and come to find out there is not an orthodontist or a technician at Tyler's orthodontist....so nothing can be accomplished....this is where Phil breaks out the flashlight and the wire cutters and cuts the wire for Tyler so it doesn't cut his mouth anymore....that was a sight to see...I wish I had taken a picture of that going on in my kitchen...

We then proceed to go to Kitchen Creations and pick out our counter tops.  We then come back home to finish cleaning up the Cape....Hours later we make it back into the living room...Tyler comes into the living room after his shower and asks Phil to teach him how to shave.....Phil gives him the infamous stare of rediculousness....you know the one where you know you have said something he thinks is stupid...

"What do you mean teach you how to shave?  You put the shaving cream on, and you shave...it's not hard."

"I am afraid I am going to cut myself.  Please show me how to do it."

I pipe in...."Why don't you use the electric razor your NaNa gave you for Christmas?"

"I don't like it."

Phil gets back in the conversation "OK let's go, I will show you how to do it."

Moments later this is what followed....


30 minutes, and three nicks later...Tyler had shaved for the first time with a regular razor...These moments will be the memories that fill my heart for the rest of forever....

As always, thanks for stopping by...oh yeah 4 days until kickoff...Roll Tide Y'all!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment