Thursday, July 28, 2011

Terrific Thursday


That's right folks its a Terrific Thursday!!!! 
Wanna know why???? Well number one you woke up didn't you ;) ???? Number two....I am finished with Summer Classes 2011!!! I am one step closer to being a teacher WOO HOO!!!! 
Thank You God!!!! You are amazing!!! 

Now on to what is going on in SMITville right now....
My little step-baby Hailey Bug...you know the 7 year old princess of the family....


well she is in the dead center of Travel Ball....and like she says "Why does travel ball have to be in the summer?  Why can't it be in Autumn?"  That's what I'm screaming!!!! It's WAYYYYYY too hot for some travel ball.....but since she wants to play; here we are attending practices in the scorching heat, and we have our first travel ball tournament this weekend in Wetumpka....The team's name is "SweetHeat" how ironic, except for there ain't nothing sweet about this Bama heat ;).....One of the things I have learned about myself in this SMIT quest is that I am SELFISH....there were many Saturday's during the regular season/all star season that I DID NOT want to be at the ball field.....but as you can tell if you are one of my friends on Facebook.....there I was, sweating it out screaming from the top row of the bleachers for my little Hailey-Bug and all of her teammates.....Yep I did it....I would put my selfish thoughts of being on a beach far far away, with my Hubby in tow, downing a fruity fru fru drink of some sorts dreaming about.....well anything but sweaty softball games of the 8 and under division.....INSTEAD this SMIT was doing her duty....being there for one of her step-babies.....not because I had to, or because I wanted to, but because I needed to....I needed Hailey-Bug to know her SMIT would be there for her....in the good, the bad, the ugly, and in this particular situation in the HEAT!!!! 

Part of being a parent is putting your selfish wants and desires on the back burner to support your children, and that is one of the things I have struggled with the most.....I want what I want when I want it!!!!.....SEE I told you I was selfish.....Becoming a Step-Mom is probably the best thing that could have ever happened to me....I am realizing more each day that my selfish wants and desires are just that....SELFISH!!!!  So here I am "Growing Up" and not being as selfish as my Grandmother would say....all thanks to the love of a 7, 14, and 15 year old Step-Baby!!!! 



2 comments:

  1. I can relate! Its hard not having the focus on yourself...I'm a jealous, needy person and you can't be that while being a step mommy....its hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is VERY hard! But that's why I think becoming a step mommy to my precious step babies was the best thing that could have ever happened to me...it allows me to see my selfishness in a whole new light, and to learn and grow from it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete