Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To blog or not to blog....that is the question!







Today is one of those days when I want to blog, but I don't really have anything significant to blog about.  I don't want to ramble on and on about things that don't matter, because I want my blog to be entertaining and enjoyable.  So I won't really ramble, I will just talk about all of the hectic-ness that is taking over SMITville!  As you all know the summer has come to an end, and school has started back....If getting 3 kids to school, practices, games, and anything else we have to take them to wasn't enough...I started back to school Monday also.


So on top of learning how to be a SMIT....I am learning how to be a TEACHER.  Both of these jobs work hand in hand together because they are both teaching me patience, and gratitude, and patience, and how to show children HOW to do something instead of just telling them, and did I mention patience?  OK so as you can see it is taking a lot of patience to become a SMIT/TEACHER...one because as an adult you don't understand why they don't understand what you are telling them; it makes perfect sense to you, two you get entirely too frustrated over the phrase "But why?" and three you have to dig WAYYYYYYYY back in your mind to realize just how hard it is to be a kid.  I know, I know, I know, all of you are shaking your heads saying it wasn't hard being a kid....I wanna be a kid right now!  Well if you look at your childhood from the eyes of a child you might be able to really remember how hard being a kid was.


Remember those days when you didn't want to go back to school because the day before someone had made fun of the fact that you didn't have on the right shoes, or the right shirt, or the right pants.  Or made fun of you because they found out your Mom shopped at Dollar General instead of Wal-Mart?  Or the Piggly Wiggly instead of Winn-Dixie?  Well I remember those days very vividly because I was one of the kids who's parents shopped at the Dollar General and the Piggly Wiggly.  Little did I realize that if I saw someone I knew in one of those stores they were shopping at the same place I was.  As a child you don't put things like that together; you just feel the emotions of embarrassment :(




Another hard part about being a kid is not understanding why things are the way they are.  Like why your Mommy and your Step-Daddy and your Daddy and your Step-Mommy don't all hangout together?  You love them all, so why don't they love each other?  I remember how upset Hailey got when she realized her Mama wasn't going to be invited to mine and Phil's wedding.  She kept asking but why?  Insert awkward silence here.....



Children see the world in innocence, and its that kind of innocence that make life just a little tougher for them than adults.  Now I know we all wish we could go back to the days of the playground, sand box, or sleepovers.....but when you are being nostalgic and wishing these things, just remember you always remember the good things, and more often than not you try and block out the bad things....so I want all of you to sit and think really hard.....How hard was it to be a kid???  Not just the great times, but the hard times too......


















So as we are all taking trips down memory lane and reminiscing about the good and bad, happy and sad, try and take these walks down memory lane when your child comes home from school telling you about their bad day and how they never want to go back, or when they ask you how to do something five different times, or when they just walk up to you needing a hug.....we all have those days....children..... and even adults :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment