Monday, August 8, 2011

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." — Dr. Seuss (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)

It's Monday again...and that usually gets an UGHHHHH from me....but not today....Nope today is a wonderful Monday....I am alive, and happy, and healthy, and IN LOVE.......OK so if I could always focus on these wonderful qualities I would always have a smile on my face, and happiness in my heart....but for some reason we as humans don't always focus on the good and happy...that's one of our flaws as humans, we tend to focus on the negative and the yucky in our lives, instead of the happiness and the good!  The bad thing is that if what was good and what was bad were broken into percentages we would more than likely have a great percentage of good things, and a smaller percentage of bad things....for example...I HATE MONDAYS!!!!!  And all morning, all I have been doing is focusing on the fact that it is definitely a MONDAY!!!! But in the percentage of my life....it being Monday is like .5 %, if even that much....which means that the rest of my life...THE GOOD and FANTASTIC....is 99.5 %!!!!! That's right 99.5 % is good, and I was bound and determined to focus on the .5 % of it being a Monday...Breaking the good and bad into percentages makes me laugh....One: Because I have never ever been a numbers person (Math is a weak subject of mine) and Two: When you look at it in percentages there is no reason to be focusing on the ITSY-BITSY-TEENIE-WEENIE little percent of negative....NO REASON AT ALL!!!! SOOOOOOO that's why I have decided that today is a wonderful Monday for all of the reasons listed above...because those are the reasons that make up the greatness in my life!!! So just like Dr. Seuss said "YOU are the one who will decide where YOU go!"  So instead of walking down that road of negativity and yuckiness.....choose the other road...the one full of sunshine and happiness and butterflies!!! You know the road out of a Disney movie =)

No comments:

Post a Comment