Thursday, October 20, 2011

CRAZY~CHAOTIC~CONFUSION~LOVE




Phil always accuses me of talking too fast, bouncing from one idea to the next, and asking too many questions in a row. I know it sounds like he doesn't love me, but he does....Dr. Seuss put it perfectly....
Philly and my friend Sherry also want to know how much I pay the Ring Leader in my brain to control the circus, because they both have no idea how I keep anything in check. 


OK wait...I don't want this scary guy in my mind taking care of things.....



Oh yes...this guy is much better...

Bloggers meet Harry; the Ring Leader of my mind....

He keeps everything in order and in check when I go off on tangents, don't take breaths when talking, and tell at least 3 stories with no point, before forgetting the point of my original story! Well, he works almost 100 % of the time....HE CAN'T DO EVERYTHING ;) 

Sherry also thinks that this is the background music that is rolling in my mind when I am, IF EVER, being silent :) 


Now where was I?.....OH YEAH....

I know you are all wondering where this is going, and what this has to do with anything...and why you are reading this crazy, chaotic, blog post by yours truly....but I promise there is a point :) 


The reason I felt the necessity to explain my thought process, as well as the CRAZINESS of my mind is because this post has a lot of subjects as well as no connection in any of them except for the fact that they all happened last night while I was with my family in the comfort of our living room.

The first thing that happened where Harry the Ring Leader said lets blog about that tomorrow was when Coleman the oldest step-baby (about to be 16) said....

"Hey, I really do need a razor."

I started laughing and Philly just said "Why?"

"Because, everyone is telling me I need to shave this stuff off my lip."

I laughed again. Philly just stared.

"Maybe that can be what yall get me for my birthday."

"A razor? That's what you want for your birthday?"

"Yeah, and it doesn't even have to be an expensive one, because it only takes like two swipes and I am done."

More laughter.

Now the reason for this post is that no matter what we can be doing, saying, watching, or thinking, my step-babies make me smile, warm me up, and fill me with memories. This is one of the main reasons I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a SMIT. These times will be few and far between the older they get, and the more I think about some of the things my step-babies share with me the more I know just how blessed I TRULY AM!

Now on to subject # 2 of this blog post. After the razor conversation, Philly decided that we would watch an educational show about whether or not the wonders of the world were built by humans or constructed by other beings outside of this atmosphere. (YAWN)

I'm kidding, it was actually a very entertaining program as well as made for fantastic conversation with the step-babies (as if they need any help) but nonetheless here goes....


"What is an extraterrestrial?" (Hailey)

"An alien." (Me)

"Why don't they just say alien?" (Hailey)

"Extraterrestrial makes them sound smarter." (Philly)

"Do you believe in aliens?" (Coleman)

"Yes." (Me)

"I dunno." (Philly)

"Can you believe in God and aliens at the same time?" (Coleman)

"I do." (Me)

"Do you think they built all of that stuff? You know like the pyramids and stuff?" (Coleman)

"I find it hard to believe that people in that day and age had the capability to construct some of those things, but I guess it will be one of the unknowns of our time." (Me)

"If you believe in aliens, do you think they are going to come and get us?" (Hailey)

"No. I don't think they are going to come and get us." (Me)

"I'm scared, why did you have to say that? I'm scared are they going to come and get us?" (Hailey)

This conversation went on for a good 30 minutes, and as you can see it was very entertaining and educational for everyone. We talked about beliefs, reality, whether or not things like that could happen, evolution (not being real) and religion. This was a wonderful way for my family to find things out about each other we didn't know, as well as discuss things that may have caused confusion and questions.

Hailey and Coleman learned a lot. (Tyler was on the computer; not involved in the conversation) :( 
I learned a lot. Coleman voiced a lot of valid points, and Hailey asked a lot of questions. It was absolutely wonderful. Becoming a SMIT was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but then again there are times (like last night) when I know it was all worth it!!! 


OK for one last random, chaotic, wonderfully, beautiful thought....I hope this makes you smile as much as I did when I came across them! Have a wonderful Thursday Friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment