Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You know what grinds my gears...

Do you guys watch Family Guy??? I know, I know, it's not exactly appropriate content for children, but sometimes when Philly and I are in the bed at night we watch it before we go to sleep....one of my favorite episodes is where they introduced Peter as a guest host on the local news channel and he did a little spot about what grinds his gears...of course on the show the stuff that grinds his gears was a little extreme, dramatic, and totally inappropriate for television...but on the way to work this morning I was thinking about the things that grind my gears...the thing that got me thinking about this was the trailblazer behind me riding my bumper trying to go around me when clearly there was nowhere for he or I to go....I am sorry it's not my fault you are late for work and you need to drive at the speed of light to get there on time...my bad for getting in your way because I left my house at a decent time allowing me to drive at a normal speed.....GET OFF MY BUMPER!!! :) Ok...that was what was grinding my gears this morning....and ever since then I have been thinking about the things that would be in this grind my gears post today...

Let's move on to the second thing that grinds my gears today...I put today in there because if you know me, you will know that what bugs me changes from day to day :) I'm just that type of easily aggravated, worrisome person...I honestly don't know how Philly puts up with it ;) ....moving on...the second thing that ground my gear (is this grammatically correct??!!??!?!) is the fact that people use Facebook to complain about how much they hate Facebook....if you hate Facebook that much deactivate your profile and move on...for those of us that are totally addicted to the Anti-Christ...oopsie I mean Facebook :) keep your negative comments off of my news feed....you know what??? I will just UNSUBSCRIBE!!!! But still....don't complain about a social media network while using the social media network that you are complaining about....it totally defeats the purpose my friend...


Third and final thing I am going to complain about today :) Friends of mine know that its way more than 3 things I usually complain about...but hey they love me anyway...Right Pam???? Right Sherry???? :) 


Okay back to the matter at hand...me complaining about things that bother me :)  This one has always bothered me, ever since I first heard about it...but it didn't really hit hard until I had to deal with my very own husband/soldier going overseas...I just didn't really think about it that much...but now that I have experienced the heart break and sadness of not having my husband with me I cannot even begin to fathom how someone who has a husband/soldier overseas could even begin to cheat on him....I know Philly has only been gone for 5 days and I am at the beginning of the missing him phase, but I can't even see how 3 or 6 months down the road how I would start missing him any less....I mean I have friends that had their husbands go away for 8, 10, and 14 months at a time and they didn't veer off on the road of infidelity....I guess the point I am trying to make is that if you truly love your spouse...how could you know that they are overseas wanting to be with you just as much as you want to be with them, and more times than not just the thought of you and their family is what gets them home to you, and gets them through each and every night....lets break this down....one of the phrases I have heard attached to the reasons of why I cheated are "I was lonely."  I can understand being lonely and missing their touch, but that doesn't make up for the fact that you may have acted on these thoughts....(I will insert here that I know people are going to call this post hypocritical because Philly and I did not start our relationship out on the correct foot, but I did confess what I had done, and Philly and I are now together and married...that's a little different than lying to your husband continuously for years and covering up your indiscretions....so call me a hypocrite if you like, because I have come to peace with the decisions I have made, and I have the forgiveness I need from where I need it from....not that I have to explain myself to anyone, but just in case you felt like throwing stones :)))))  
I am kind of rambling in this last part so let me summarize for you in case you got lost....I don't see how you could ever justify cheating on your spouse just because they are gone from the country for an extended period of time doing something their country called them to do, which leads me to the point that they have no control over it....how could you be lonely and broken knowing they are over there against their will??? I mean if they could be at home they would be at home don't you think??? I guess I have made my point....let me end this gear grinding with this...don't ever try to JUSTIFY what you did to me ever again....I can barely look you in the face as it is now...

Well that's enough...let me step down off of my soap box....Happy Hump Day Friends :)

(Image from http://www.myniceprofile.com/days-hump-day-50641.html


No comments:

Post a Comment