Sunday, March 10, 2013

Who am I?

Have you ever just wondered who you are?  I don't mean relatives, heritage, or where you come from; I am talking who you are as a person...good or bad???

I have been thinking a lot lately about who I am.  I don't know if it's because I am very close to beginning a new chapter of my life in teaching or if I just want to know; so this is what I have come up with, in no particular order.

I am loud.
I am obnoxious a lot of the time.
I am Southern.
I am a step-mother.
I am angry.
I am happy.
I am sad.
I am lost.
I am found.
I am athletic.
I am a spender.
I am not a saver.
I am an Alabama fan.
I am mother to two fur babies.
I am 27 years old going on 16.  It's more fun that way.
I am a Wainwright.
I am an outlaw.
I am a redneck.
I am a teacher.
I am a nurse on multiple occasions.
I am fun.
I am intimidating.
I am CRAZY.
I am a bartender.
I am a cook.
I am a lover.
I am a fighter.
I am very judgmental.
I am accepting.
I am forgiving.
I am dramatic.  Very dramatic.
I am silly.
I am a hard worker.

There is so much more to list, but the most important one follows: 

I am half of a somewhat crazy, hectic, down right weird, beautiful, wonderful, amazing marriage.

As my husband says on multiple occasions because of my over dramatics.  "Baby, it isn't going to be roses and puppy dogs all the time, that's why if we always love each other, and forgive each other, we will always work."

Pretty philosophical if you ask me.  It isn't going to always be roses and puppy dogs, but if we can make it through the bad, and the good always outweighs the bad, then we are going to be ok.

I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”~Carrie, Sex and the City

Here's to all of you, and I hope you know who you are, and if you don't...well I hope you have someone that can help you find YOU.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment